Thursday 29 September 2016

Some Finished Work and Some Good News

I finished my snuggly blanket last week, it really is the softest, most snuggly one I think I've made. I shall definitely be using the Flutterby or similar type yarn again.



I used 3 different shades of pink, random stripes of light pink, a darker pink and a mixed one (James C Brett Flutterby, chunky. Colours B23, B12 and B2) dark pink as the border.



It's big enough to cover our kingsize bed though it's presently being used in the sitting room, over my legs in an evening. I'm hoping we won't need the heating switched on for a few weeks yet, so the throws come in handy (I do think it's quite mild still).




Imogen has been casting her eye over it while stroking it. She has pink in her bedroom so says it would look better in there, I think I shall be saying goodbye to it soon.




I needed something to keep my hands busy during the week so thought I'd make a start on a Christmas decoration. A Christmas tree with presents under it, cross stitched on plastic canvas, nice and simple, didn't take long.



It was a little kit from Amazon with everything included. It even had the threads pre sorted, which is unusual. I had hoped to spend an evening doing it while I watched TV, but constantly had my glasses pushed up on my forehead to be able to see it clearly, so then couldn't see the TV! I started wearing my first pair of varifocals last year and may need a new pair already... sigh....




When it was finished I snipped around the picture with a small pair of scissors, but I don't think you can tell in the pictures with the white background. I was slightly nervous doing it in case I accidentally cut through a thread.




It just need a little piece of red ribbon looped at the top so it can be hung on a tree.


My good news this week is about our lovely daughter Imogen. There was a ceremony at school today. parents were invited and the children chosen to be prefects were given their badges. I'm so proud of my girl, not only does she work hard, but she also has a good attitude to go alongside the effort. Well done Imogen!

Take care
xxx











24 comments:

  1. Your new blanket looks so cosy and warm! The colours are lovely. Congrats to Imogen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blanket, I can't knit . Well done Imogen, hard work pays off xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great makes, and well done to Imogen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my pile of 'to dos' never seems to go down xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. I'm sure they will keep you nice and warm on a cold winters night. I like to snuggle up with one and read my book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blanket, great colours. The tree ornament looks amazing. Well done to Imogen, hard work should always be rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imogen's school is very good about acknowledging hard work, we get lots of letters home and texts thanking her xx

      Delete
  6. Well done to Imogen, it's lovely to see hard work rewarded in this way. Love the blanket, that looks so snuggly and I think it only right now that Imogen claims it for her room, she definitely deserves it. I've never thought of cross stitching a tree ornament, it will look so pretty dangling from the branches, a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, e'revery proud of her. Haha, yes she has claimed it xx

      Delete
  7. Simply glorious - your lovely blanket looks so inviting. Did it take much yarn to crochet? I've never used Flutterby before, but it looks tempting........
    I think you must have stitched the first Christmas ornament of the season - well done! I sympathise with the varifocals - I have the same problem with my magnifiers!!
    Many congratulations to Imogen - a good attitude is lovely to see, and all her hard work is showing her the benefits - hoping she enjoys the new school year.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I used about 12 balls, 4 of each. We are so happy with Imogen's attitude, she really works hard and wants do well xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely projects, the blanket looks so soft! The Christmas tree is cute, i haven't done anything on paper like that.

    Congratulations to your daughter, it's always nice to be recognized for hard work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wasn't sure I should mention Christmas yet! xx

      Delete
  9. Congrats to your girl! And I so love your blanket. The pinks are so pretty ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to your daughter. Love your blanket. Have a wonderful weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blanket is gorgeous Cheryl! What a JOB!
    I LOVE it!!!
    Love the colors too :-)
    And the little Christmas tree is perfect too.
    Congratulations to your Dear Imogen!!!
    Love,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done! Blankets take a long time and some determination...for me at least. This one looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so snuggly indeed!
    You're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that blanket. I can almost feel how soft it is.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do believe that is the prettiest blanket I've seen in a long time. I love pink, and it does look warm and snuggly. Congratulations to Imogen. She sounds like a very special daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sat snuggled under a crochet blanket as I type and I can just imagine how cosy your new blanket is being king size!
    Many congrats to your daughter.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments